Upload documents to your personal portfolio before an online session so they are ready to share when you enter the online classroom.
Users: This article is for Instructors and Students
Prerequisites: Your user account is activated
Read the step-by-step instructions outlined below:
1. From your Dashboard, click the portfolio tab in the left navigation bar.
2. On the portfolio page, you’ll see a box titled “New File” to the right side of the page. Click the “Choose File” button and locate your file on your device. This button may look slightly different depending on your web browser.
If you like, you can add a brief description to identify the document.
Finish up by clicking the “Upload” button to add your file to your online portfolio.
Click on the buttons in the “Actions” column to:
- Edit details associated with the file
- Delete files from your portfolio
3. Next time you're in the online classroom, the file will appear in the “My Files” section on the “Files” tab.
4. When in the online classroom, you can only share files to the Drawing Board.
Once on the drawing board, all you have to do is click, drag, and drop your file from the “My Files” or "Classroom Files" section directly to the online drawing board.
Files can only be shared to the drawing board (not the text board). Make sure that you have selected the drawing board before attempting to share a file to the interactive space.
The drawing board supports the following file formats - JPEG, PNG, SVG, and PDFs.
Other file formats can be shared to the “Classroom Files” section of the online classroom where both the mentor and student are able to download the file. Although other file formats cannot be shared to the drawing board, participants can download and open any file on their personal computer to view and edit outside of the online classroom space.
File size limit is 10Mb
If you have questions or need assistance, use the chat bubble in the bottom right corner of the online platform to reach out.
Need more information? Check out the following related articles: