Instructors’ schedules vary, therefore, we’ve created a tool that allows you to identify time slots that you are available for scheduling sessions with students.
Users: This article is for Instructors
Prerequisites: Admin has created your account | You are logged into your Instructor account
Read step-by-step instructions below:
The Availability feature in your Instructor portal allows you to set your working hours. Identifying and setting the time slots that you’re available to teach helps streamline session booking for your Admin and Students.
Follow the steps below to set and modify your availability.
1. From the Instructor Dashboard, click “Availability” on the left-hand navigation bar.
2. The default setting for instructor availability is all day, every day.
It is important to identify the times you are available to schedule and conduct sessions to prevent your admin and/or students from scheduling sessions with you during the times you are unavailable.
3. To set your overall teaching hours, click “Add Available Times.”
From the pop-up window, follow the prompts to outline your availability. Select one or multiple days of the week that you would like to modify.
4. To add multiple time slots, select the bubble to “Add to Existing Availability” at the top of the “Add available hours” pop-up.
5. To rewrite an existing time slot, select “Replace Existing Availability”
Click the blue “Save” button to solidify the changes to your availability.
6. From the main availability window, you can edit details of a single day or remove a time slot using the pencil and paper icon or the trash can icon to the right of a particular day’s details. As in the picture shown below, you have the ability to add multiple time slots for a single day.
If your organization administrator has preset operating hours defined for the organization, you can set your availability to the organization’s default by using the link at the bottom of the Availability card.
Click “Apply organization defaults.” to automatically set your availability to your organization’s operating hours.
Need more information? Check out the related articles below:
- Calendar - Managing Events and Setting Availability
- How to upload and share files in the Online Classroom
- Technology and Network Requirements for the Online Classroom
- Reviewing Completed Online Sessions