We all know that consistency leads to better results, but we also understand that life happens and unexpected events can cause scheduling conflicts. This is why we've made it super easy for you to reschedule your sessions when the need arises.
Users: This article is for Students, Parents, and Instructors
Prerequisites: Your account is activated | A session has been scheduled
Follow the step-by-step instructions outlined below:
1. From your user portal, you can request to reschedule a session with your instructor or your student using the Calendar. Start by clicking the “Calendar” tab, located in the left navigation bar in your online portal.
2. The calendar page tracks all confirmed sessions (green) and requested sessions (yellow). From the calendar, click on the green session event that you would like to reschedule.
A green event on the calendar denotes a confirmed session. The yellow event denotes that a session has been requested, but not yet confirmed by the instructor. From the calendar, click on the orange session event that you would like to reschedule.
3. Clicking on the event will trigger a pop-up that displays additional details about that event. For sessions that have been confirmed, the "Reschedule this Session" button will be present at the bottom of the details pop-up. Click the "Reschedule this Session" button to continue.
4. In the same pop-up window, you'll be presented with a form that will ask you for the date, time, and reason for rescheduling. These details will be shared with the session's participants.
Refer to the following images to follow along as we complete the rescheduling form. Select a new date and time, and include a reason for rescheduling.
Click "Send" to confirm your rescheduling request.
5. Once you click send, the process is slightly different for Students/Parents and Instructors.
For Students/Parents: You'll receive a quick confirmation notice in the top right part of your screen that a request has been sent to the instructor for approval.
The event itself will change dates on your calendar to reflect the new date and time of the rescheduled session. The sessions will remain "unconfirmed" and denoted in yellow until it is approved by the instructor.
When the instructor confirms the reschedule request, the event will turn green.
If an instructor is unable to make the date and/or time of the rescheduled session, the event will shift back to its original date and time on the calendar. From the calendar, Parents can request to reschedule sessions up to 3 hours ahead of the session start time.
For Instructors: You'll receive a quick confirmation notice in the top right part of your screen that confirms the session has been rescheduled. The event will change dates on your calendar to reflect the new date and time of the rescheduled session.
Need more information? Check out the following related articles:
- How to Book a Session and Enter the Online Classroom from the Instructor Dashboard
- Request to Book a Session with your Instructor
- Calendar - Managing Events & Setting Availability