Your account is activated and you’re ready to get in the Online Classroom with your student(s). This article explains how to access the Online Classroom from your Instructor Dashboard.
Users: This article is for Instructors
Prerequisites: Admin has added you as a user to the system | You have activated your instructor account | Dual Admin/Instructor users have switched from their admin view to the instructor view
Read the step-by-step instructions outlined below:
There are two ways in which you can access the Online Classroom:
Another important step in accessing the online classroom is the online waiting room where you can test your technology while waiting for your student to arrive
Sessions booked in advance
Note: Admin and Instructor users can schedule sessions with their students in advance. If this is the case, and your session has been booked in advance, you will simply need to click the orange “Join” button in the “Upcoming Sessions” section of your Instructor Dashboard page when it’s time for your session. This button will appear 15 minutes prior to your session start time.
In the case where an admin user is managing various instructors, the admin may choose to manage some (or all) of the instructors' session bookings. For instructors that are reporting to an admin user, once your admin has added you as an instructor to the system and has assigned you to a student, you will be able to book future sessions with that student. For dual role admin and instructor users, you can book sessions through the admin portal or the instructor portal. If you do not see the student you are trying to book on the instructor portal, you may need to use the admin booking page to assign the student to your instructor account.
Follow these steps to schedule a session in advance from the Instructor Dashboard.
- Schedule a session from the Instructor Dashboard page by clicking the “schedule session” button in the “Upcoming Sessions” card
or from the left navigation panel, click “ Booking.”
- Follow the prompts to complete the Session Booking form.
3. Once you’ve filled in all of the required fields, the “Book session” button will turn orange allowing you to complete the booking.
4. Once the session is booked, you will see the booked session on your calendar. An hour before your session, you will receive an email reminder. 15-minutes prior to your session start time, you will be able to enter the online waiting room by clicking the orange “Join” button.
Note: The "Upcoming Sessions" card on your dashboard will only show sessions that are scheduled to take place on that day. To view all of your booked sessions, navigate to your Calendar.
5. When clicked, the "Join" button takes you to the online classroom waiting room.
The first time you log in, you will need to activate your devices. Click the “Activate Mic” button and the “Activate Camera” button to trigger the prompts to allow the site access to your devices.
In the waiting room, you're able to test your microphone, your camera, and your speakers. Please take a moment to test everything before entering the classroom
7. The blue "Enter" button into the online classroom will become active for the instructor once both the student and the instructor are in the waiting room.
Click the blue "Enter" button to enter the online classroom.
Important Note: The student’s blue “Enter” button will not be active until the instructor has entered the classroom first.
Instructors also have the option to book an instant session with their students. Click here to learn How to Start an Instant Session.
Need more information? Check out the following related articles below:
- Tech and Network Requirements For The Online Classroom
- Can't see or hear the other person in the virtual classroom
- Starting an instant online session
- Instructor Portal - Everything you need to know!