Once you’ve been assigned to a student, your student (or their parent) can request session bookings with you. This article covers how to accept, or deny, session booking requests.
Users: This article is for Instructors
Prerequisites: Your Student or Parent has requested a session with you
Parents and students can request session bookings by filling out the session booking form on their parent/student dashboard. If they have questions on how that process works, you can send them this link: Request to book a session with your Instructor
Follow the step-by-step instructions below:
Once a parent or student has requested a session, you will receive a pop-up next time you log into your instructor dashboard, as well as a platform notification and email. All notifications will allow you to either accept or reject the requested session.
Pending sessions can be approved or denied using the 3 methods listed below. Click below to skip ahead to the relevant section:
- Review Session Details for each requested session
- Approve each session individually by clicking the green checkmark next to the session details, or Deny the request by clicking the red X.
- You can also Confirm All requests by clicking the "Confirm All" button above the session details within the pop-up window.
- Make sure you click “Save” at the bottom to finalize the session bookings.
- That’s all! Your sessions have been scheduled
Note: If you happen to close the Pop-Up window, don’t worry! You can access the same information from your platform notifications. For more information on platform notifications, check out this article: Managing Session Notifications
Click the “Session Request” in your notifications
- Review the session details
- Accept or Reject the session request by clicking the corresponding response at the bottom of the form
- Open the Session Request email from email@example.com
Review the session details
Accept or Reject the session request by clicking the corresponding response at the bottom of the email
Administrators can schedule sessions for you, but these sessions will not require you to accept or deny the session; they will show up on your calendar as soon as they are booked. Administrators can schedule any type of session for you and your student(s). You will receive a notification and email when your administrator schedules a session.
Need more information? Check out the related articles below:
- How to Book a Session from the Instructor Dashboard
- How to Enter the Online Classroom
- Managing Session Notifications
- Intro to the Online Classroom