The calendar tool is designed to help you stay organized. Add important events, tasks, and assignments, block off time, and set your availability with this tool.
Users: This article is for Students, Parents, and Instructors
Prerequisites: Admin has added you as a user to the system | Your account is activated
Follow the step-by-step instructions outlined below:
The calendar tool is available in the Student, Instructor, and *Parent Portals.
Note: The parent portal has access to the student's calendar. From the parent portal, you can update event details and manage sessions. However, to promote accountability and independence, the ability to add events to the calendar is limited to the student.
To add events or block off time on your calendar, follow these steps:
- Click on the "Calendar" tab in the left navigation bar on your user portal.
- The calendar page will open up giving you a view of the month.
- To block off an entire day, click the day on the calendar.
You'll be prompted to add an event.
- Customize the event by adding a title and description.
Be sure to check the box labeled "Unavailable" when blocking off times that you are unavailable for sessions. Instructors can use events to block off time that they are unavailable for sessions. Students and Parents will only be presented with the Instructor’s available times when they request to book a session.
- Click "Save" to add the event to your calendar.
- To add an event to your calendar or block off a period of time on a specific day, switch to the "week" view. This can be done using the "week" button located in the top right corner of the calendar.
- Click on the time slot and drag your cursor to mark the time of the event. Use the pop-up to add a title and description for the event. Events in Black/Dark Grey denote times that you've marked as unavailable. **To block the time off your calendar, be sure to check the "Unavailable" checkbox before saving.
- To adjust the details or delete an event, click on an event marker on the calendar.
Change the details and click “Update” to save changes.
Click “Delete” to remove the event from your calendar.
Need more information? Check out the following related articles: